As the Private school grants are for the unprivileged students only so you need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to enjoy the benefits of the Private school grants which are as follows:
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- You must be an US citizen or an eligible non-citizen with a proper and valid Social Security Number.
- You must have a progressive academic performance certificate.
- You must not be enjoying the benefits of any other grants.
- You must demonstrate financial needs.
- The college you are enrolled with must be covered by the Private school grants program.
- You must not have any criminal records.
- You must not be taking drugs. However, if you are recovering from the effects of drugs then the Private school grants may depend on your future performance.
- You have to sign an agreement which states that the money you receive via Private school grants is used for educational purpose only.
- You must have a high school diploma certificate or any equivalent certificate which should pass the Ability to Benefit Test. You also must have completed six hours credit or equivalent towards your course.
- You must be enrolled in Private school grants approved college as a regular student.
- You must have filed your FAFSA form.
The Private school grants also depends upon the financial need of the student derived from the cost of attendance and the financial help provided by the family, financial condition of the independent students and that of the parents of dependent students, the number of family members opting for the higher education from a single family.
So go ahead and choose your school so that you can get the maximum benefit from the private school grants that you school are offering. You may also check out various websites that are providing you information about a host of various grant plans to you. These help you to study in your dream school and attain one of the best educations available to help you develop into a very successful person.